Saturday, September 1, 2012

An Amazing Hill Station:

It was 22nd July and after lot of negotiation and bargain with autowallahs, I finally reached IIT M campus to begin a new voyage of 2 years at DoMS. The metallic IIT M logo embossed at the entrance gate with motto “Siddhirbhavati Karmaja” (Effort Yields Success) makes you realize the reason and purpose of being here. The beautiful lush green 620 acres campus, which is home to deer, blackbucks, birds and notorious monkeys, compels you to explore every corner of it. Monkeys may create lot of trouble if they somehow got into hostel room. One day I forgot to shut the back door of room and when I returned, a monkey was feasting on fruits kept on my table and had created a big mess over my notebooks. In fact, I was told that there have been cases of cell phones being taken away by monkeys in past.

But, here, people really love and care for animals and which is why students of IIT M are not allowed to use fuel powered vehicles. At many places in campus, I found this post “Our campus is beautiful and we want to you to enjoying it by driving slow”. Every day I see deer and blackbucks roaming inside Cauvery hostel and on the way to DoMS. Even the outsiders, who come with vehicles to visit the campus, drive slow and stop whenever any deer is running across the road.
Freshers' Party
Our induction program of 5 days was well planned and its best part was interaction with DoMS alumni who are working in banks, consultancy firms and some running their own company. Everything was going very smooth and steady until the seniors came for interaction. My life became hectic and sleep was a luxury. Imagine,  you are comfortably sitting in class room, enjoying and participating in the various activities during the interaction sessions with seniors. Now imagine your surprise to see the faculties sitting at the back. The sessions started at 9 pm and you just don’t realize how time flies by. 5 hours seemed like 5 minutes. At 2 am, when the session is over, seniors tell you to give a formal presentation as a group at 9 am on marketing a product. The topic and team members are mailed at 5 am and topics are like Pregnant Bride, Pant with a hole, Lip kiss glue and many more. How can you do marketing of Pregnant Bride? And that too when not even a single class of marketing has taken place. There was hardly any time for preparation and this was something which I never experienced even during my Job.
 Such sessions continued and kept us very busy but I liked it. Soon they were replaced by the selection process of various committees. Essay /GD/ Extempore topics were given in selection process were also of same category with words never heard before and I was totally clueless over what to write in my essay. The only thing I can recall about my essay is that I wrote “sleep “and “slumber” many times.
 I felt very happy on my decision to join DoMS after attending the PVR sir’s lecture on marketing. All his assignments are based on understanding and field experience. LSG sir’s class gives lot of motivational drive and energy. But subjects like Microeconomics and DAM are very demanding and there is a fear of surprise quiz in every DAM class. Sometimes it becomes very hard to keep track of various members team for different assignments and projects.
 There are some occasions when you just forget everything and enjoy. The ball was set rolling by our welcome dinner thrown by the seniors and the dept. Yes! It was our Fresher’s Night where I danced nonstop and enjoyed amazing performances given by my batch-mates and seniors. Everything was superb, the food, decoration and the dress code of devil horns for boys and flower crown for girls. And to add more stars to the night, Prof LSG (DSW) came and sang classic rock and Malayalam songs.
DoMS is a really beautiful hill station as LSG sir always says and I have spent almost one month here. Looking forward to my time here!!!

Adios….

Courtesy:
Pawan Koserwal
DoMS Interface
Batch of 2014

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for telling us about this fantastic hill station. I like it.

    Hotels in shimla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hill stations always provide the best experience, It is the beautiful places where anyone want to live, I really appreciate this article.
    hotels in Agra

    ReplyDelete

You are visitor number